The Milwaukee School of Engineering has been involved with radio amateurs, education, and broadcasting since the early 20th century. This digital collection illustrates over 100 years of radio involvement in an informative and entertaining way.
The collection is composed of scanned items from the Walter Schroeder Library Archives. Items from the physical collections (school publications, press releases, photographs, etc.) have been selected, digitized, assigned metadata, and brought together in this digital display.
The photographs in this collection are from the early years of the Milwaukee School of Engineering. Many of these images were carefully preserved in photograph albums and keepsake books from the early 20th century.
A large percentage of these books appear to have been owned by members of the founding (Werwath) family, and the photographs therein are meant to document the evolution of the school as it changed locations, added education programs, and stayed at the cutting edge of technological advances.
This booklet was published by the Milwaukee County Medical Complex of Nursing in 1988 to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the nursing education program. The pamphlet takes a look at the Milwaukee County General Hospital School of Nursing (MCGHSON) through a variety of different resources and historical documents. It contains anecdotes from students, historical information, and photographs of the program throughout the years.
The digital display of The Centennial History of Milwaukee County Medical Complex School of Nursing, 1888-1988 was created in response to interest from faculty, staff, and alumni.